Thursday, August 11, 2011

To be Baptized into our Spiritual Life


I love the song sang currently by Alison Krauss, "Down to the River to Pray." It encourages me to spread the message to all around me to hear the message of the spiritual Father who gives us life, breath and meaning in our lives. I hear from some baptism is necessary. Some say, it is a physical work that can not save us. I believe we see the importance of baptism as we read of John baptizing in the river west of Jerusalem. The Father had instructed the messenger to immerse in the river Jordan. He was humbled to see Yeshua come to be baptized. John wanted Jesus to baptize John. But Yeshua knew YHWH's plan.

I can only assume from the conversions of the jailer, Cornelius, the eunuch and Paul's own conversion that God intends us to be baptized to complete the physical acknowledgment of belief in our salvation, Yeshua.

photograph: preachercarl.blogspot.com
References: http://blogthechurch.wordpress.com/category/baptism/
http://www.bebaptized.org/Somecommonarguments.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment